Monday, January 19, 2009

2009 - LESLIE'S 30TH BIRTHDAY PARTY

Tuesday, January 20th is Leslie's real birthday, but I wanted to have a family dinner (Leslie not so much) so we did it on Sunday since Monday is MLK Holiday and we didn't have to go to work or school. Everything went very well and everyone seemed to like the food. I made meatloaf, mashed potatoes, corn in butter, broccoli & cauliflower salad and rolls. For dessert, homemade chocolate cake (the Pillsbury kind) and Emileigh's petit fours with 3 kinds of ice cream. Mary, Ferrell, Peter and Jan Lee came, but John and Thomas weren't able to be here. We missed them. Baker and Holley came up and Beau was here as well.

Most of us were interested in the NFL play-offs and we watched those two games. I got to watch more of the Steelers -Ravens game and it was a nail-biter. I thought I would cry when the two guys hit helmets. I'm amazed that Magahee was able to leave the hospital today. I thought sure he had broken his neck. Thank goodness he wasn't hurt badly. I'm glad the Steelers won, but they will never be as good as they were when Terry, Franco, Lynn and Mean Joe played for them in the 70s.


Back to the birthday. Leslie got some nice presents, but didn't get to stay too long. Her daddy had shown up unannounced on Saturday to "surprise" her for her birthday, so she had to get back to her company. I can't believe she'll be 30 on Tuesday. She has truly been a joy from day one and I can't say that about all my children.


It was a good day. A few pictures:


It was tough blowing out all those candles.



The sweet couple.



Beau - Good times.


I look a little spazzed out. It's the end of a long, busy day.








5 comments:

  1. Your eldest is not far behind . . . and your baby is about to be 20. OMG!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know.... I think that Alysson's 30th will be harder than any of my birthday milestones. Hard to believe....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is delightful and I have added a link to it on my sidebar of favorites for a quick hop over. I like your widget countdown to spring...58 days and I am "thinking spring". Hotty Toddy to you from this old Ole Miss alum down in Vicksburg.

    Jon at Mississippi Garden

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jon

    Thank you for your kind words. I enjoy your posts as well and check them out daily. Will spring ever get here? 57 days seems like forever. I'm ready to get back in the garden.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete