Friday, January 16, 2009

2009-A COLD DAY IN OXFORD

I stepped outside this morning to snap a few pictures of what I hope is our coldest day of the year. At the time, weather.com said it was sunny, 12 degrees, but feels like 4 degrees. Now I can't feel my hands. I've shocked the dog, the cat and everything else I've touched since I came back in. Somehow I think today may not be a good hair day.

I know this is the day that the Lord hath made and we should rejoice and be glad in it, and I do and I am, but I really, really can't wait for Spring.

There's ice on the pool, which, I think, is a
first in the 7 1/2 years we've been here.




I see green in my Colonel Reb bulb bed.
I'm thinking that may be daffodils.
It won't hurt me to lose
them as much as it would my tulips.



I don't think we'll need to worry about staying warm.
Thanks to Jeremy Foster, our wood supply is quite adequate.


This shot of the moon has nothing to
do with the temperature.
I just thought it was pretty.



D'Lyla says, "Enough already, let's go in!"

5 comments:

  1. It was cold in Mississippi today, wasn't it?

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. As an old Ole Miss alum, I love the theme of your Col. Reb bulb garden and really enjoyed my visit to your blog.

    Hotty Toddy to you....on a cold day like today, I could use a real HOT TODDY for sure.

    Jon at Mississippi Garden

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, that is a great photograph of the moon. You should develop it and have it framed.

    I'm hoping that this is the last big freeze of winter. Did it even reach 30 degrees here today? My e-mail friend in Fort Wayne, Indiana said it may get above 20 degrees there in the next few days (a real warm spell!), so I guess this isn't too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jon

    I think we could all use a Hotty Toddy today (and yes, I realize I spelled it ToTTy today). I don't know what came over me.

    LPM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mona

    Thanks. I was trying to get a shot of D'Lyla waiting on her breakfast at the bird feeder and happened to look up and see that moon. I thought it was really pretty. The sunset was gorgeous this afternoon too. I just posted a couple of pictures. BRRRR!!!!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete