Sunday, February 15, 2009

2009-VALENTINE'S DAY-CONTINUED



A CARD, CANDY AND FLOWERS . . . NOT TOO SHABBY FOR 25 YEARS!




Valentine's Day night, we went to dinner with the Mills and the McKittricks at the Blue Pan Grille in Downtown Oxford. None of us had eaten there, but I had been told that it could be rather rowdy as the hour got late. I was thankful that our reservation was for 6:00. For the first hour, it was if they had opened the place just for us. Our table was in a nice little alcove, but the lighting was too dim for some of us to read the menu. Fortunately, I had my trusty little flashlight in my purse. I suppose the usual crowd has better eyesight. The menu was al a carte, and there were dishes that we don't eat everyday, but the food was very good. We were through with dinner by 8:30, which was probably a good thing. The place was filling up and there didn't appear to me to be anyone there over the age of 30. As we were all 50-ish and had all had a long hard week, we decided to call it a night.

I think we must have surprised the kids when we came in. They had music up really loud and Hannah and Nicky were dancing around the room. I think Nicky got embarrassed when I took the picture and ran to hide.








3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you posted all the family pics and other info. I'll try to get more pics to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can be rowdy, it's just that our days of being rowdy in public are over! It was a very nice meal and good company. Thanks for getting it together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked this post which gave me a smile. I know all about the "generational" thing as I have reached senior status big time. Sometimes I don't have a clue as to what the younger crowd is talking about. Their slang is as foreign to me as Japanese arithmetic.

    Jon at Mississippi Garden

    ReplyDelete